PPSC’s Advanced Certificate Training Program in Psychodynamic Addictions Treatment
PPSC’s New Advanced Psychodynamic Addictions Training (APAT) Certificate Program* consists of multiple modules open to post- master’s level clinicians and CASAC practitioners who wish to enhance their understanding of addictions through a psychodynamic perspective. Courses may be taken singly or as a certificate program in its entirety. Upon completion, participants completing all modules are eligible for the advanced certificate.
NEW! Three Winter 2015 Courses
7-15.75 CEU’s Per Course for LMSW and LCSW’s
- Psychoanalysis as an Endurance Sport: Self Care Strategies for the Therapist in for the Long Run.” 5 Weeks. Saturdays 10AM-12:50PM. Jan 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb 6. 2016 Presented by Jeff Barneson, LCSW
- “Psychopharmacology for the People.” 5 Weeks. Saturdays, 12:45-3:00PM. Jan 9, 16, 23, 30 Feb 6, 13, 20 2016 Presented by Heather Golden, LCSW
- “A Top Down/Bottom Up Perspective on the Neuroscience of Addiction.” Saturdays 10:00AM-12:20PM. Feb 20, 27, Mar 5 2016 Presented by Anne Marie Dooley, LCSW.
(*This program consists of modules that can be taken separately or together. All modules required for certification)
These classes will provide a stimulating opportunity for participants to integrate psychodynamic contributions to the understanding of substance abuse disorders with basic and advanced addiction counseling skills. From assessment to development, from transference to countertransference, from developmental failures and vulnerability to the various genetic, environmental and psychological theoretical perspectives on addiction, participants will be exposed to didactic and clinical material that will enhance and expand their knowledge in the field of addictions treatment.
Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center (PPSC) SW CPE is recognized by the NYS Education Dept’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0054.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com. To register, please click here.
What is unique about the PPSC Addictions Training Curriculum?
PPSC’S ADVANCED PSYCHODYNAMIC ADDICTIONS TRAINING PROGRAM Curriculum has two unique features: 1) All participants are required to be in or have completed a recognized master’s level academic program and/or CASAC Certificate program to ensure a high level of discourse and study. 2) All of our courses not only meet the learning objectives of addictions theory and technique, they also integrate psychodynamic theory and technique. This provides an additional foundation that equips participants with treatment skills to work with concurrent psychological complications such as trauma, mood disorders, attachment and relational issues.
When and where are classes held?
Classes are generally held on Saturdays at 80 Fifth Avenue (SW corner of 14th Street and 5th Avenue) on the 9th and 14th floors.
What are the requirements?
Participants must be enrolled in, or have successfully completed an approved, master’s level program from an accredited academic institution. There is rolling admissions, so anyone can join the program at the start of a new course offering. It is recommended that participants have prior coursework and/or experience in the mental health field as well as their own personal psychotherapy.
How do I apply and what are the costs?
To apply, complete the application form (link below) and send it to PPSC APAT Program Admissions c/o PPSC 80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 903A, New York, N.Y. 10011.
- Introduction to an Integrated Psychodynamic and Substance Use Disorder Treatment Model– 44 hours ($880)
- Professional Development in Addictions: A Psychodynamic Perspective on Ethics, Confidentiality and Wellness – 45 hours ($900)
- Medical, Neuroscientific and Psychopharmacological Aspects of Addiction – 44 hours ($880)
- Perspectives on Diversity: A Racially and Culturally Inclusive Approach to Psychodynamic Psychotherapy – 15 hours ($300)
Fees for each course must be paid in full at the time of registration. For further information please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-633-9162.
ADVANCED PSYCHODYNAMIC ADDICTIONS TRAINING PROGRAM APPLICATION INFORMATION
Click here to get more information on the Advanced Psychodynamic Addictions Program Application
Please note we also offer a License-Qualifying Certificate of Completion Program in Psychoanalysis (LP), a 3-year certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (PP), and a 4-year certificate in Psychoanalysis (P), as well as other conferences, workshops and lectures on addiction.